Relationships evolve and parents grow apart for a variety of reasons. Once the decision to separate has been made it is important to focus the attention to the family’s future. Typical family law litigation often focuses attention on what happened in the past instead of looking forward and implementing solutions to help the family move on together. I believe that the more amicable the separation, the better the outcome for all. Other benefits of cooperative settlement include:
- - Parties communicate more effectively, better understand each other, and make decisions that put the children first.
- - Conflicts are often resolved faster outside of court.
- - More control over legal fees.
- - Control the decision-making process and avoid the uncertainty of litigation.
- - Retain the benefit of an experienced attorney advising you and advocating for your rights.